Mental Health Resources
Mounds Park Academy families should feel welcome to contact their division director with any questions or concerns. In addition, MPA has the following experts available:
Dr. Jules Nolan, School Psychologist
Ashley Cooper, Grades 7-12 School Counselor
from the national association of school psychologists: high profile acts of violence, particularly in schools, can confuse and frighten children who may feel in danger or worry that their friends or loved-ones are at risk. they will look to adults for information and guidance on how to react. parents and school personnel can help children feel safe by establishing a sense of normalcy and security and talking with them about their fears.
(source: National Association of School Psychologists)
体育比分网while our teachers have been trained on this topic and we enjoy a close, connected community, open conversations about difficult topics only strengthen our school climate. here are some important resources to consider …
Community Education Presentation on Suicide Awareness and Prevention at MPA
Dr. Todd Savage, MPA parent and professor of school psychology at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls and Dr. Scott Woitaszewski, also a professor of school psychology at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls, offered this presentation to our entire community.
National Association of School Psychologists Suicide Prevention Resources
体育比分网general tips/website for friends and family of lgbtq persons and how to find a culturally-competent provider.
- Breathe2Relax walks users through breathing exercises that help to reduce stress, stabilize mood, control anger, and manage anxiety.
- Calm was branded as Apple's "App of the Year" in 2017. The app is designed to reduce anxiety, improve sleep, and help you to feel happier. The app delivers meditations that can help you to destress, as well as breathing programs, music, and sounds from nature to relax your mind and body and promote better sleep.
- SAM: Self Help for Anxiety Management
- SAM is an app designed to help people manage their anxiety. Users can record their anxiety levels and identify different triggers. The app includes 25 self-help options to help users cope with the physical and mental symptoms of anxiety.
- Pacifica is an app with anxiety and stress in mind. Pacifica helps you to break cycles of unhelpful thoughts, feelings, and behaviors through methods such as CBT, mindfulness meditation, mood tracking, and relaxation.
- Happify is a space to overcome negative thoughts and stress and build resilience. Whether you are feeling stressed, anxious, or sad, Happify helps you to regain control of your thoughts and feelings.
- Mindshift, for iPhone and Android devices, is designed to provide you with tools for managing various types of anxiety, including test anxiety, perfectionism, social anxiety, performance anxiety, worry, panic, and conflict.
体育比分网if your family is impacted by a natural disaster, you may find this resource from the national association of school psychologists helpful.